We look forward to seeing those in New York next Saturday, April 16th at the mandatory NYU Prague pre-departure orientation! As a reminder, this session will be held in Meyer Building, Room 121 (4 Washington Place) from 10:00am – 12:00pm. If you have not yet RSVP’d please do so immediately here.
Here are some items to note ahead of the session:
- Be on time! In fact, please plan to arrive 10-15 minutes early. There is a lot to cover, and we will get started right at 12:00pm.
- Bring your NYU ID to swipe in.
- Watch this TED Talk prior to the PDO. It is very powerful and will guide parts of the session.
- Bring a pen/pencil with you (there will be a worksheet to complete).
- Take care of yourself/eat ahead of the session if you normally would during this time. Don’t be hangry!
- Come with excitement, ready to learn, and an open mind!
The PDO will discuss various aspects related to Resources, Responsibility, and Flexibility. You will hear from me (your site rep) as well as students who have previously studied away in Prague.
Please note: This session will NOT cover aspects of the visa process. Each individual’s visa process is very different so there is not a one-size fits all approach. Our partner office, The Office of Global Services, will continue to be your main resource when navigating this. Please ensure to follow any communications they send, and do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions. They can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-998-4242.